To celebrate the 75th anniversary of Cray Valley Radio Society a number of Activity Periods have been arranged to make it easier to qualify for the specially engraved Cray Valley anniversary award plaque.
- The activity periods are NOT contests, but devised to encourage activity amongst members to make it easier for other radio amateurs/SWLs to obtain the points required to claim the award.
- For a valid contact to have taken place, names and signal reports must be exchanged. Cray Valley members will call “CQ Cray Valley” on SSB or FM, and “CQ CV” on CW.
- Cray Valley members will use the following centre frequencies:
SSB: 144.325, 14.270, 7.170 and 3.720MHz
CW: 14.040, 7.020, 3.520MHz
FM: 70.425, 145.350MHz.
- Activity periods will take place at the following times:
Saturday 9 October 2021 - 20m SSB/CW: 1100z – 1300z
Saturday 9 October 2021 - 2m: SSB/FM: 1400z – 1600z
Sunday 10 October 2021 - 40m: SSB/CW: 1100z – 1300z
Thursday 14 October 2021 – 80m: SSB/CW: 1900z – 2100z
- GB75CV and either G3RCV (GX3RCV) and/or G1RCV (GX1RCV) will be active at these times. GB2RE
- will only be active on Saturday 16 October 2021, and M8C on 30 October 2021.
- Contacts made on the weekly Sunday morning 2m FM net (0900z on 145.350MHz), and the 4m Friday evening net (1930z on 70.425) will count for award points.
- Only one contact with each Cray Valley station will count for points. Only one contact with either G3RCV or GX3RCV will count for points. Similarly with G1RCV or GX1RCV.